Thursday, April 15, 2010

Comment for Teachers Weeks 13 and 14


This time I was assigned to Ms. Kelly Hines. I was excited because I had been following her on twitter all semester and never thought to look for her blog. I love reading her post on week 13 because she talked about being in a slump when writing on her blog. As a former teacher I can totally relate to what she is feeling. Sometimes you just get so overwhelmed with so much going on that you can't be as creative or as expressive as you need to. I was so glad to see this post. You can check out her blog at http://keepingkidsfirst.wordpress.com These are my comments to her:

Week 13
Hi Ms. Hines,
I am a student in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class. I have enjoyed following you on twitter and have read over many of your blog posts. I have obtained many resources and gained knowledge from your posts. As a former teacher I know how you feel about being in a slump. The weather is just too nice to think about blogging. I find it hard sometimes too when I have set the bar so high for myself that I can't live up to my own standards. Sometimes we just have to take a step back and let others do it for a while and join in when we feel we are ready. Everyone deserves a break and time off often does us good. Just know that you are making a difference and your contributions are appreciated.

Week 14
What a wonderful way to look at how children learn. This is a great metaphor for differentiated learning. I can find children and adults in each of the categories you listed. And know exactly what category I fit in as well. I hope that when I return to the classroom I am able to give each student the right "foods" they need to fit their "metabolism". I have enjoyed reading your blog and you have given me so much to think about. You can check out my blog at http://butlersherikedm310.blogspot.com and I look forward to following yours as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment