Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Assignment 13 Why is it Important to Publish Student's Work?

Dr. Seuss was a genius when it comes to characterizing our society. The Zax shows those who are reluctant to change. I find that changing is not the hard part most of the time. It is the time it takes to learn something new and effectively implementing it that people are reluctant to experience. Through this course I have come to see how important it is to publish your own work and respond to others. In the beginning, I was very nervous to put myself out there. However, the more I contributed, the easier it became. In my own experience, I am much more motivated to do my best when I know there is an audience. Students should experience the feeling of importance when they publish and get responses from others outside of their classroom. Through our assignments I have seen numerous examples of creative student work. These are some of my favorites.

Here is a video which shows students talking about using blogs for posting student writings:


Creative Story and Illustration by Jonte, a year 7 student, in the PT England School











The KinderKids' Blog




Adora Svit
ak She is a 12 year old author and teacher. She lives in Redmond, WA and has published three books so far and more books are in the works. She teaches everyday through school visits ad distance learning medium such as webcasting and video conferencing. She uses a Smartboard in her teaching. You can learn more at www.adorasvitak.com.



Week 13 Co
mments4Kids

This week I was assigned to Anahera's Camp Poem. She is a very talented Year 5 student at the PT School in England. She wrote poem about her experiences at a camp that she went to. Her use of vocabulary was amazing. This is the post that I left her:

Hello Anahera,
My name is Sherik Butler and I am a student in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class. I live in Mobile, AL. I enjoyed your poem about camp that you wrote. It sounds like you had a lot of fun and good food. I love to go kayaking and canoeing too! We have several places to go where I live. Keep up the wonderful work you are doing. Please tell your teacher she can check out my blog at: http://butlersherikedm310.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Sherik, what a great post! I was reading about Adora Svitak and I think this is great and amazing. I am sure we all could learn from her. I also think that students should be able to post their work online. This is a great way for them to communicate with others around the world and see their responses. Great post Sherik!

    ReplyDelete