Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Assignment 14 How Can We Change?

Dr. Strange asked us to pick a topic that we have covered in this class to discuss. I chose to discuss the need for change when it comes to the way we teach. This is a video I found on You Tube that supports WHY we need to change:



I think the most important lesson I have learned in this class is that I need to be more adaptable and open to change when it comes to technology. Am I going to be ready to do this after this class is over. I hope so, but I know there will be so many challenges to face in order to make it work. It's easy to sit in this class with all of our laptops and say that our educational system needs to be revamped and we need to integrate the technology the students are so often exposed to. However, once you get into the classroom you will see that there is not a lot of technology for the students to utilize. Some may only get to use it 30 minutes a week at a computer lab. Others may have to share one or two computers in the classroom. Teachers have to beg and plead for soap and paper towels from the parents. How can we change to this style of learning when there is such a lack of tools in the schools?

Week 14 Comments 4 Kids

This week I commented on Tevron's "Storybird" which is like a story board all about animals. He is a first grader in Mrs. Cassidy's Class in Moose Jaw, Canada. I loved looking at and reading his post. This teacher is doing some wonderful things with her students. You can check out their blog at http://classblogmeister.com Here is the comment I left:

Tevron,
I am a student in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class. I am so glad I was assigned to your post because I love animals too. I really enjoyed looking at all of your pictures and reading your story. My favorite was the fish. You did a wonderful job describing each of the animals actions. Keep up the great work. Tell your teacher she can check out my blog at http://butlersherikedm310.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment