Sunday, April 25, 2010

2nd Post on My PLN

I can't believe how fast my PLN has grown. I am following about 50 educators on Twitter now including Kelly Hines, Scott Mcleod, Paige Baggett and of course Dr. Strange. I was not crazy about Twitter at first, but I am growing to like it and see the usefulness of it. Often, I will click on the links tweeted from others and have found some very valuable resources. One of the neat things I found out about twitter was when I went to a NAEA Conference with my sister. She was able to highlight NAEA and receive all tweets regarding the conference. Not only did we find some great workshops this way, but also some great restaurants in the Baltimore area from other peoples tweets we did not know.

I also have several bookmarks in Delicious that I have found in this class and others that are valuable to me at this time as a preschool teacher. It saves so much time to not have to search for all of these sites. I love being able to pull up my Delicious account and all of my most important sites are right there.

I feel my PLN will grow as my needs change. I have learned how important a PLN is and hope to one day be someone who can be a contributor for others as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment