Saturday, March 20, 2010

Comment 4 Teachers Assignment Weeks 7, 8 & 9

The teacher I was assigned to is located in Australia. She goes by the name Dragonsinger. She teaches 6-9 year old students. I have thoroughly enjoyed following her blog for the last three weeks. I have learned many creative ideas about how to use technology with early childhood students. Perfect for me because this is the age I like to focus on. Not only did I learn about technology, but I learned many things about her culture and the area where she lives. These are the posts that I left her and here is a link to her blog: http://dragonsinger57.com/

Week 7
Dear Ms. Dragonsinger,
I am a student from Dr. Strange’s EDM 310 class from the University of South Alabama. We are located in Mobile, Alabama. I was also an elementary teacher for 7 years and I am taking this course for professional development. I have been assigned to comment on your blog for the next three weeks. I am so excited that I was assigned to you and I have added you to my personal learning network so I look forward to following you and your class all year long . I am so impressed by your classroom and the innovative ways you are using technology with your students. It is unbelievable all you have accomplished in 4 weeks. The art integration with the use of digital technology is very creative. The symmetry project and photo enhanced pictures were in fact very nifty. I also think it is great that you guys use and have access to a real library. What a great way to teach authentic skills. I too feel that it is important that teachers be continuous learners. Thank you for your posts and for sharing your thoughts and ideas with others. Your posts will help spark the imagination of current and future teachers everywhere. Please check out my blog at: http://butlersherikedm310.blogspot.com

Week 8
Dear Ms. Dragonsinger,
I really enjoyed reading your post this week. I bet your students were very motivated by your virtual field trip. I think Skype is an excellent tool to take children around the world and talk to students from the same and different cultures. You have motivated me to learn more about the area where you live. Your students are very lucky to have such a proactive teacher who is implementing authentic learning activities.

Week 9
Dear Ms. Dragonsinger,
You have posted another beautiful use of technology. Although, the students were not able to experience Fire Poi in person you were able to bring it to them digitally. I like that you used the interactive smart board for your storyboard and modeled “how to” writing with them. The subject matter and process you used seems so much more motivating and meaningful than the traditional instruction manual method. I have enjoyed reading your posts and learning more about your region of the world. You have given me many ideas when it comes to using technology in the classroom, and I plan to visit your site often to see what exciting activities you are completing with your students.
Thank you,
Sherik Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment