Sunday, March 21, 2010

Comment 4Teachers Assignment Weeks 10, 11 & 12

For this assignment I have been assigned to comment on a teacher named Jen Deyenberg. She is a grade 5 teacher. She lives in Southern Alberta, Canada. Her website is as follows: http://trailsoptional.wordpress.com

Week 10
This week they used a program called Prezi to create digital storytelling presentations. This is the comment I left:

Hi Ms. Deyenbergs,
My name is Sherik Butler and I am a student in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama. We are located in Mobile, AL. I am assigned to follow your blog for the next three weeks. I have never heard of Prezi until now. What a wonderful way to motivate the students to write and publish digitally. I can imagine it is very motivating and fun for them to do. I love the creative aspect of it as well. The examples you provided were excellent and I bet they enjoyed presenting them to everyone. Thank you for your posts and for sharing your thoughts and ideas with others. Your posts will help spark the imagination of current and future teachers everywhere. Please check out my blog at: http://butlersherikedm310.blogspot.com

Week 11
This week she attended and presented at a technology conference. She posted numerous sites on her blog that I added to my delicious account. They will be very useful for me when I return to the classroom.

Dear Ms. Deyenberg,
The list of resources you posted are great! Thanks for sharing them. I thought the blabberize was really cute. This list will help me when I return to teaching. I can imagine the students would find many of these sites very motivating and fun.

Week 12
This week she focused on keeping the kids from too much screen time. She is a runner and recently ran a half marathon. She has challenged her students as a class to run a marathon. She is going to use a Nike sensor to track their progress. She will then use Nike+ to graph and monitor their progress. She has done of beautiful job of integrating math, technology and exercise.

Dear Ms. Deyenberg,
I love this idea! I think a class marathon would be a great way to get the students moving. Incorporating technology and math is very clever. Childhood obesity is such a concern in our area. Hopefully your positive influence will help them continue a healthy lifestyle throughout their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment